Essential Teaching Principles: A Resource Collection for Teachers
- Bulk orders placed MUST be for quantities of 10+
- Only the printed version is available for bulk order
- Bulk orders for quantities less than 10 will not be honored
- To purchase the digital format or less than 10 print copies, visit Amazon.com
- To purchase 50+ copies, contact sales manager Kevin Patrick at 800-433-0499 ext. 3 or email@example.com.
You’re teaching Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate classes to high school students. Beyond covering the material that will be on the exam, you also need to set a tone and expectation for college-level participation from your young students.
How can you successfully integrate collegiate practices into your high school classroom?
Essential Teaching Principles: A Resource Collection for Teachers was created to guide you down that path. It provides a wealth of both research-driven and classroom-tested best practices to help teachers master the knowledge and skills required to run a successful classroom.
Compact and reader-friendly, Essential Teaching Principles: A Resource Collection for Teachers is conveniently organized to serve as a ready reference whenever a new teaching challenge arises—whether it’s refreshing older course design, overcoming a student’s objection to a grade, or fine-tuning assessments. And because each article includes references and resource lists, it’s easy to pursue a given subject in even greater depth.
Throughout the guide, you will find careful examinations of a wide range of issues critical to classroom success. After reading, you will be able to:
- Build a syllabus
- Use active learning to keep students engaged
- Create “Right-size” course content
- Develop meaningful assignments
- Manage a classroom
- Develop your “teaching persona”
- Create a good climate for learning
- Develop effective exams and quizzes
- Protect academic integrity
- Make grading both meaningful and manageable
For those whose work also takes them into the online classroom, there is an entire chapter devoted to the fundamentals of teaching in that space.
A collection of articles drawn from resources including The Teaching Professor newsletter and the popular blogs Faculty Focus and The Teaching Professor, this helpful guide was compiled and edited by Maryellen Weimer, PhD, the newsletter’s longtime editor, blog author, and an award-winning professor emerita of teaching and learning at Penn State Berks.
Featuring contributions from an exceptional assembly of experienced educators, Essential Teaching Principles: A Resource Collection for Teachers is organized into seven chapters, each focused on a core aspect of teaching:
- Mastering instruction essentials
- Designing courses
- Advancing student learning
- Creating an optimal learning climate
- Constructing meaningful assessments
- Giving students feedback
- Teaching online
As establishing positive online programming is key for the success of any school, personnel from all areas of campus will benefit from watching this presentation, particularly:
- Full- and part-time faculty charged with an online teaching assignment
- Administrators who run and maintain the school’s online infrastructure
- School web designers, instructional designers, and content creators
Essential Teaching Principles: A Resource Collection for Teachers lets you enter the classroom as confident in your teaching ability as you are in your subject matter knowledge. It’s an important step forward in your professional development. Order today.
Product Code: QM17DA