Teaching Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty
- Only the printed version is available for bulk order
- To purchase the digital format visit Amazon.com
As online learning in higher education expands, it’s more important than ever for colleges and universities to guarantee that their distance education courses are top notch. Providing faculty with the resources they need to flourish in the online classroom is an essential component of ensuring academic quality in the 21st century.
But online faculty are a diverse group. Some may be subject matter experts with little distance education experience, others may be ready to build on skills they’ve already developed, and none of them may spend much time on your campus.
Fortunately, there is a cost-effective way to meet such wide-ranging professional development needs—Teaching Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty. This new book, featuring content developed by leading academic experts, combines pedagogically sound insights with practical guidance.
Drawn from multiple sources, including the Online Classroom newsletter, Magna Online Seminar transcripts, and Magna 20-Minute Mentor transcripts, the content in this book is the perfect blend of teaching methods and brass tacks tips. Here’s a small sample of what they’ll learn:
- Three key e-learning design considerations
- Strategies for improving instructor presence in online courses
- Five ways to help students succeed in the online classroom
- Best practices for promoting meaningful student engagement
This is a book designed with busy professionals in mind. Its modular structure makes it easy for faculty to find just the information they’re looking for, and references and resource suggestions point the way toward ongoing development. Four sections offer accessible and action-oriented information on:
- Building success into the beginning of a semester
- Fostering productive connections with students
- Managing challenging behavior in the online classroom
- Enhancing student engagement
Faculty will find it easy to turn to this book when they have quick questions, such as:
- How course design can help prevent online cheating
- How to make group online projects more effective
- How to use social media to support students
- How to apply classroom management skills to online courses
- How to use assessment to boost learning
A reference book that’s easy to use, this multifaceted user manual for online educators will help instructors at all stages of their distance education careers. It will help the online faculty and educators thrive, increase instructor job satisfaction, improve online retention statistics, and support student success.
Enhancing the quality of your distance education programs benefits your entire institution. Act now and start improving your online teaching tomorrow. Order Teaching Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty today!
|Teaching Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty|
|1-9 Copies||10-49 Copies||50+ Copies|
|$34 Each||$22 Each||$15 Each|