What is a Magna Online Course?
Magna Online Courses are delivered via our web site over the internet on PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones and are available for a number of specific learning outcomes.
Unlike a training video or a webinar, a Magna Course is designed to be taken individually, at the learner’s pace and convenience. Upon successful completion, the learner receives a printable certificate as an indication that the material has been mastered.
Magna online courses consist of a series of video presentations, activities, readings, checks on learning (quizzes) and a final certificate. The courses are asynchronous, so that individuals are not locked into any time frame to complete a course. Typically a course consists of several modules or lessons, each concluding with a check on learning that can be taken before continuing on to the next module. Transcripts and supplemental materials as well as online resources are also provided.
What does the course content include?
Each course unit includes supplemental course materials and information on further resources that will continue to enhance understanding of the course content. Registrants have one year from the date of purchase to access & complete the course.
- Video tutorials
- Interactive Content
- Checks on Learning
- Final Check on Learning and certificate of completion
- Links to online resources
- Complete Handouts, Supplemental Materials, Transcripts, Discussion Guide and Critical Reflection Worksheet
What technology do I need to view a Magna Course?
Our courses may be taken on any desktop computer system and mobile devices with the latest internet browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc). The course features easy to use navigation on desktop and mobile devices.
What is the role of the Campus Administrator?
A designated Campus Administrator has the duties of communicating the availability of the course, providing the Registration Code to those who are authorized to take the course, monitoring learner progress (optional), and ordering additional seats as needed. Optionally, the Campus Administrator may perform other functions such as communicating with Magna support staff; and communicating with Magna editors about the group’s experience with the course.
How do I log in to my Magna Course?
It’s easy to get started with a Magna Course. Just follow these steps.
- Go to http://magnapubs.com/profile and log in with your email address and password. For new users, click Create Account.
- On the My Online Access page, click “Go to Magna Online Courses”
- On the course dashboard page, click Enter a Registration Code. Complete the required fields to enroll in the course.
What if I forget the Registration Code?
Once you have logged into the course, you will no longer need the Registration Code. However, if your initial log-in was not successful, please contact your on campus Administrator to request the Registration Code.
What devices does the course work on?
You can use any PC, Mac, or mobile device including tablets and smart phones. The courses are best viewed in the latest versions of Internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Chrome. On tablets and smart phones the courses require the installation of a .pdf reader.
How is access to the course controlled?
Individual purchasers are given a Registration Code from Magna Customer Service staff upon purchase of an online course.
For group purchases, your campus administrator purchases a number of “seats” and they will provide participants with the Registration Code. Each learner registers individually on the course website. Once the number of purchased seats is reached, no more enrollments are permitted until the campus administrator purchases more seats.
How long does it take to complete a course?
Our self-paced courses may take anywhere from six to fourteen hours to complete, depending on how comfortable you are with online tools and how much time you intend to spend on each course unit.
How does the Magna Course final Check On Learning Work?
Each course includes two types of assessment: Checks on Learning and a Final Check on Learning.
- Checks on Learning are ungraded quizzes at the end of each course unit.
- When you submit a finished Check on Learning, you will receive feedback for your answers.
- You may attempt Checks on Learning three times as you like.
- The Final Exam is a graded, cumulative assessment of what you have learned.
- You must pass the Final Exam with a minimum score of 80 percent to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- This certificate is printable and is not available until you pass the Final Exam. You may go to your account at any time after completion to print out a certificate.
- You may attempt the Final Exam three times.
Why didn’t I receive a grade on a quiz?
Quizzes, or Checks on Learning, are not graded, and do not count toward your final score. You may take a quiz up to three times to help in mastering the course material.
Do you offer Continuing Education Credits for Magna Courses?
At this time we do not offer Continuing Education Credits for any of our programs.