Course Design for Faculty: Instructional Design Basics
You proposed a new course and it was picked up! Awesome! But now what? How do you even start your course design?
Or maybe you're trying to help another colleague design courses, but you just can't figure out how to get them started?
This Magna Online Seminar is perfect for those of you who are just a little lost, a little confused, or really want a glimpse of course planning with a real-life instructional designer. This seminar will focus on the prep work that happens BEFORE the syllabus is given to students. Learn about course goals and how they should inform the assessments you design, and how those assessments should then inform the content you create and curate. Additionally, you'll gain insight on how all of those elements, together as a unit, should guide you as you write your course objectives.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Clearly articulate the learning goals developed for your students
- Create objectives that reflect the student learning in the courses
- Construct assessments that align to the course learning goals and objectives
- Develop a course plan for your online, blended, or face-to-face course that includes topics, content, objectives, and assessments
Here's What We'll Cover
- Course design
- Course alignment
- Course goals
- Assessment design
- Assessment alignment
- Objectives creation
- Objectives alignment
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Aspiring instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: QC19CA