Grade Less, Teach Less, Learn More
Think back to the last time you graded student work. How long did it take? Think about the work you put into preparing and presenting information that is new to your students. A lot of time, there, too? What if we told you that your students can actually learn more and learn better if you were to teach less and grade less? There has to be a catch, right? Well, no. This Magna Online Seminar presents a framework of expert-level teaching practices, all backed by the science of how our brains learn. Adopting three elements of a constructivist teaching approach can help to make learners more active, curious, and engaged, all while reducing your workload as an instructor.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Grade Less: Adopt a scaffolded grade structure that rests on completion-only and feedback-only learner activities.
- Teach Less: Provide real-world answers to “why” questions and bring learners through the discovery process together.
- Learn More: Design course interactions that provide learners with greater choice and defining power for learning outcomes.
Here's What We'll Cover
- Specifications grading
- Authentic assessment
- Learner curiosity
- Emotional learning
- Social learning
- Desirable difficulty
- Failure in learning
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19RA