Practical Strategies to Improve Student Retention in Online Courses
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
Effective strategies that will keep your online students coming back for more!
While most colleges and universities continue to see significant growth in the number of online courses and degree programs they offer, student retention rates are still lower than face-to-face offerings.
More and more students are turning to online programs because they offer the flexibility that many people need to accommodate family obligations, a full-time job, or anything else that makes it difficult to attend classes on campus. So why aren’t retention rates reflecting that easier access?
Enrollment in online courses and degree programs is definitely on the rise. But increased enrollment shouldn’t be your only goal. You also need to keep your students engaged in the courses you offer—and keep them coming back for more.
So why are retention rates lower for online than for face-to-face programs? What are the strategies you can use to hang on to more of your students? And how do you regularly measure retention rates to make sure you’re on the right track?
Get answers to these questions and more when you register to attend “Practical Strategies to Improve Student Retention in Online Courses” on Tuesday, August 22, 2017. Then listen as speaker Brian Udermann provides you with several innovative strategies you can use to improve retention in your online courses and degree programs. You’ll learn what other higher education institutions are doing to improve their online retention rates, how to measure your own retention, and why having buy-in from your institution is critical to the success of your online courses and degree programs.
Who Should Attend?
Whether you’re a program director, department chair, dean or assistant/associate dean, provost or assistant/associate provost, or faculty—anyone involved in creating, teaching, supporting, or promoting online education—this seminar is exactly what you need.
Register today to guarantee your place at this essential learning session.
For one low price—just $297— you and your entire team at one location can take part in this insightful seminar and get the latest information on the subject from our expert.
Here is just some of what you’ll learn during this in-depth 60-minute seminar:
- How to change the online student experience for better short- and long-term retention
- How to implement design consistency across your online courses—and why it helps improve retention rates
- How to generate feedback from students and use it to improve their online course experience
- The Impact of a strong tech support system, especially for older students
- How to build a program that will consistently measure your online retention rates—and how to use the information you gather
- How to get online students to feel more connected to your program—and your institution
- Tips to help instructors provide a more engaging online experience
- How to provide superior student support services for online students
…and much more!
Your seminar registration includes:
- The ability to include as many people in one location as you can fit around a computer to attend this seminar at no extra charge
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 30 days after the seminar airs on 8/22/17
- CD recording of the seminar
- Audio transcript
- Supplemental materials, including discussion guide and critical reflection worksheet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the live seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
Campus Access Liscense
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. Without the additional Campus Access License, registrants are limited to viewing the program from the program CD once on-demand access has ended. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product code: QC17DA