How Can I Be My Own Instructional Designer?
Sometimes, faculty donít have the support of an instructional designer to help plan their courses. In fact, many faculty never have any help from an instructional designer whatsoever. So, where do they start? This program will identify the elements faculty should consider when planning a higher-education course and provide a step-by-step process to follow which will result in a course plan that is ready to build.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Articulate course objectives and use these objectives to plan assessments, interactions, instructional strategies, and other content
- Use course objectives to evaluate existing course content and identify areas of need and improvement
- Create a course plan that can be used to build an online or face-to-face course
- What is instructional design?
- The advantages to working with instructional design
- The basics of instructional design: objectives, assessments, content, and alignment checks
This program will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Product Code: PM19AB