How Can I Save Time and Money by Repurposing Online Content?
The New Three R’s for Online Course Content
The Three R’s have long been a big part of American education.
But in this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, the presenter will show you a brand-new way of thinking about these famous letters.
Drawing on the well-known recycling symbol — Reduce, Reuse, Recycle — the presenter shares proven and practical time-saving tips to improve your efficiency and effectiveness when developing online teaching materials.
How Can I Save Time and Money by Repurposing Online Content? will help you do what every busy academic strives to do—make the most of your time.
With dozens of recommendations and links to resources, the presenter will also show you how to make the most of your institution’s financial resources by accessing free or open-source content.
With 25 years’ experience in online teaching, as an instructional designer, faculty member, and administrator, the presenter knows just how much work goes into developing online course content. She’ll help you increase the payoff you and your institution get from your efforts by showing you:
- The best way to reduce “waste” in online teaching content
- Legal ways to reuse distance education materials developed by you and others
- Recycling techniques for online teaching and hybrid education
- Four roadblocks to repurposing content and how to surmount them
And about that problematic R word? It’s “Reinventing,” and she will help you stop reinventing the wheel with each online course.
Online teaching is changing the face of higher education. Make sure developing these highly sought-after courses isn’t draining your institution or faculty members.
This is a practical presentation based on Taylor’s extensive experience and her strategic approach to online learning. After she walks you through the Reduce-Reuse-Recycle process and shows you how to maneuver around any institutional obstacles you may encounter, you’ll be able to jump right in and start repurposing your online teaching materials.
More importantly, this session will inspire you to look at your existing work in new ways. Seeing all the future uses of your online education materials will motivate you to take your course preparation work to the next level.
You’ll discover techniques to help you work smarter, when you take online education course content and find new ways to use it in:
- The flipped classroom
- Hybrid education
- Short courses
After participating in this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, you will be able to:
- Apply the principle of reducing waste to development of materials for online education
- Identify high-quality online resources to support your work
- Use your own and others’ online teaching materials in different ways
- Design hybrid education courses and workshops by building on and adapting
- Manage potential roadblocks to repurposing online content at your institution
How Can I Save Time and Money by Repurposing Online Content? will show you how the environmental motto — Reduce, Reuse, Recycle—can help you make the most of one of nature’s most precious resources.
And with higher education institutions everywhere striving to do more with less, this fast and focused online presentation will also help you make the most of your institution’s financial resources.
The presenter will show you:
- How the concept of “durable goods” can help you find new uses for online teaching materials
- Simple ways to adapt your lectures for blended education courses and other purposes
- Techniques for adapting distance education content for the flipped classroom
- Guidelines for steering clear of copyright problems with online content
- Multiple uses for materials you may already have on hand, from recorded lectures to graphics
- Recommended online repositories for course content
Developing high-quality online courses takes a lot of hard work. Learn how to maximize the impact of your efforts and reduce, reuse, and recycle online course content. Purchase How Can I Save Time and Money by Repurposing Online Content? today!
Product Code: PM15VA