How Can I Teach Routine Courses with Energy and Enthusiasm?
BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO EVERYDAY COURSES
Itís not unusual for teachers at midcareer to experience a drop in excitement. Often theyíve been teaching the same material at the same institution to the same type of students for years, causing their ardor to wane. To combat this fatigue, teachers need to be more systematic and purposeful in their instructional growth.
How Can I Teach Routine Courses with Energy and Enthusiasm? distills the problem, explores the options, and provides realistic innovations that teachers can execute to regain some of that earlier zeal.
How Can I Teach Routine Courses with Energy and Enthusiasm? helps educators address the situation in three key sections: where they are as teachers, where they want to go, and how to develop a plan to get to their desired goals.
In a refreshing and animated 20-minute presentation, you will see how to:
- Get a clear, accurate picture of how you teach
- Describe what you do as a teacher without being judgmental
- Identify strengths and weakness of your teaching methods
- Stop what isnít working and do more with what is
- Adopt four key steps for developing professionally and keeping teaching vibrant
Youíll learn how to assess your methods, either with a global evaluation or by focusing on one aspect of your teaching. Youíll learn to make detailed diagnostic descriptions without becoming emotionally burdened by your self-critique.
Led by a distinguished expert on this topic, youíll discover how to infuse your teaching with purpose and excitement to create a rewarding learning environment.
After viewing this presentation, you will be able to:
- See where you are as a teacher
- Develop goals to help you grow
- Create a realistic plan for achieving your goals
- Identify new teaching experiences you would like to have
- Recognize teaching methods that promote learning for your students
- Gauge how much change you can implement at any given time
This presentation equips you with an enlightened understanding of where you are as a teacher, where you want to go, and how to get there.
Youíll see how to work around your weaknesses and maybe even accept things you canít change. Youíll develop different strategies to keep your teaching engaging through midcareer. And youíll see how writing about teaching and learning can promote your instructional growth.
Teachers who have stalled in their midcareer will find realistic, down-to-earth ways to diagnose and solve their own problems. This presentation will be especially effective for:
- Full- and part-time midcareer faculty in any undergraduate course
- Department heads who need to supervise both teacher and student progress
- Faculty at both two- and four-year institutions
- Faculty at both public and private institutions
Restoring mental and emotional connectedness to courses and to students is vital for any teacher undermined by midcareer obstructions. Order your video today to help keep your teaching alive and vibrant!
Product Code: PM17LA