How Do I Establish an Engaging Atmosphere in My Online Classroom?
TURN YOUR ONLINE CLASSROOM INTO AN ACTIVE LEARNING COMMUNITY
Ensuring the feel of a face-to-face classroom in an online environment is an area that instructors often struggle with. Typical online classrooms can sometimes feel like websites and read like textbooks—instead of like welcoming spaces where students feel encouraged to participate. Educators can avail themselves of good design practices to make their online classrooms transparent and authentic for a rich learning experience.
How Do I Establish an Engaging Atmosphere in My Online Classroom? walks you through easy, effective ways to create an online atmosphere where students feel comfortable engaging with you, the curriculum, and each other.
How Do I Establish an Engaging Atmosphere in My Online Classroom?explores ways to establish rapport with students through selective use of multimedia elements that enhance their online learning experience.
In only 20 minutes, you will learn how to do the following:
- Design a positive online space that puts students at ease
- Use images, content, and tone to foster learning
- Make your classroom run smoothly and coherently
- Establish an online environment where students want to keep coming back
- Communicate in both professional and casual voices to connect with students
You’ll walk away from the presentation with a keen perspective on how to look at things through your students’ eyes and to set up an online environment that deepens their involvement and investment in your class.
You'll hear ideas for transforming a default online environment into a classroom where students are eager to communicate, learn, and participate.
After viewing this session, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply personal visuals to establish conversations with your students
- Anticipate students’ questions and make it easy for them to ask for help
- Determine who, when, and why assignments will be presented
- Prepare instruction sheets that clearly explain content and class goals
- Adopt positive tones and protocols that students will reciprocate
- Use news and email as a more casual way to convey instructions
This presentation discusses ways to create a positive, transparent online teaching environment that students will respond to with enthusiasm.
Learn how to work with elements such as unique visual images, engaging content, and multiple tones and voices to keep students involved. See how to become e-approachable and come across as more “real.” The presentation discusses how to best leverage the features of your LMS to help you design and run a positive online class environment.
Learn effective ways to draft and schedule announcements and how to walk students through samples.
Become proficient at using web-based tools to turn your classroom into a thriving learning environment.
As establishing positive online programming is key for the success of any school, personnel from all areas of campus will benefit from watching this presentation, particularly:
- Full- and part-time faculty charged with an online teaching assignment
- Administrators who run and maintain the school’s online infrastructure
- School web designers, instructional designers, and content creators
Schools that have well-designed online classrooms will acquire and retain more students and their tuition dollars. Help ensure the growth of your school. Order today to discover how to develop welcoming online classrooms!
Product Code: QM17DA