Creating and Leading an Organizational Culture of Teaching Excellence
This virtual workshop gives department and program leadership the skills necessary to develop teaching excellence among their units.
18 in stock
Virtual Workshop Date:
Friday, February 18, 2022, 10:00 AM Central – 11:30 AM Central
Friday, February 25, 2022, 10:00 AM Central – 11:30 AM Central
Academic leaders have many concerns and responsibilities related to developing an organizational culture that supports excellence. At many institutions, unless one’s leadership role is specifically dedicated to teaching affairs, administrators often emphasize research productivity and external funding as the primary means to raising the profile of an academic unit. However, often faculty commitment to teaching excellence is taken for granted. This approach is short-sighted and will limit the effectiveness and, indeed, excellence of a program.
In this virtual workshop, your presenter will discuss strategies for integrating a focus on teaching excellence with other academic organizational goals to achieve a comprehensive and holistic culture of excellence that impacts all stakeholders.
How Does This Virtual Workshop Work?
- This virtual workshop takes place in two 1.5 hour Zoom sessions – the first session is Friday, February 18 at 10:00 AM Central and the second session is Friday, February 25 at 10:00 AM Central.
- Attendance is limited to the first 30 registrants to provide the most effective coaching experience possible.
- Virtual, synchronous learning gives you time to interact, learn, and ask questions of the presenter and other participants. The two-part presentation allows for reflection and application of workshop materials between sessions.
Upon completion of this virtual workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the benefits of creating an academic culture that emphasizes instructional excellence
- Define teaching or instructional excellence in a strategic way that supports institutional objectives
- Develop strategies for motivating faculty to continually develop and update their teaching philosophy, approach, and skills
- Create a defensible rationale for allocating resources to faculty development aimed at teaching within their units
Why You Don’t Want to Miss This!
Higher-level institutional leadership often has a focus on external funding and research productivity. This leaves department leadership unsupported in developing teaching excellence and faculty commitment.
This virtual workshop gives department and program leadership the skills necessary to develop teaching excellence among their units. Academic leadership will learn how to integrate a focus on teaching excellence with other academic organizational goals to achieve a comprehensive and holistic culture of teaching excellence that impacts all stakeholders and fosters student success.
- Establishing faculty investment in a learner-centered scholarly culture
- Creating innovative, goal-driven curriculum
- Building synergy between research and teaching
- Incentivizing a commitment to excellent teaching
- Setting the leadership example
Who Should Attend?
- Academic leaders including:
- Department Chairs
- Academic Program Coordinators
- Academic Program Directors
- Associate Deans
Product Code: OW22AD
Meet Your Presenter
Registration increases to $419 per participant on Friday, February 11th. Registering before that date saves you $30 with the current early-bird rate.
18 in stock