7 Indispensable Strategies to Build Community in Your Online Courses
$207.90 – $347.90
Students in online courses and degree programs sometimes report that studying online can leave them feeling isolated and unconnected to their instructor and student peers. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. Online instructors can utilize a variety of strategies to build and maintain a sense of community in their online courses and doing so will result in a better course experience for both student and instructor.
Students in online courses and degree programs sometimes report that studying online can leave them feeling isolated and unconnected to their instructor and student peers.
However, this doesn’t have to be the case. Online instructors can utilize a variety of strategies to build and maintain a sense of community in their online courses and doing so will result in a better course experience for both student and instructor.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the benefits of building community in online courses
- Describe a variety of strategies online instructors can utilize to build community in their courses
- Initiate a conversation with appropriate stakeholders on their campus about how to better build community in online courses
Here’s What We’ll Cover
- Benefits of building community in online courses
- Instructor as role model
- Creating a safe course environment
- Letting students get to know each other
- Surveying student interests and using that to make connections
- Using peer review and feedback
- Creating social opportunities for students to interact with each other
- Using video conferencing and other technologies to promote community
- Having students work in small groups
- Building in multiple avenues for interaction and engagement in a course
- Letting students know building community is something the instructors in interested in and promoting
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Instructional Technologists
- eLearning Specialists
- Program Directors
- Directors of Teaching & Learning Centers
- Department Chairs
- College Deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19QA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart