Magna On-Demand Seminars
Building Professionalism in Professional-track Students
In this Magna Online Seminar, you will be able to identify what professionalism is and present various methods for teaching and evaluating professionalism on campus and in the clinical environment.
One of the goals of educational programs is to effectively provide education and training that will prepare students and graduates for success in their respective disciplines.
Health care organizations in particular desire graduates who consistently exhibit attitudes and behaviors that reflect the values of their organization. One of the most desirable skills that prospective employers seek is professionalism.
So, what exactly is professionalism? How can you teach it? And how can it be evaluated?
This Magna Online Seminar addresses the need to teach and evaluate professionalism skills both in the didactic, as well as the clinical environments. You’ll learn various methods for teaching and evaluating professionalism, as well as potential consequences for educational programs and/or organizations who fail to address this issue effectively.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe why teaching professionalism is so important
- Define professionalism within the health care context
- Describe potential methods for teaching professionalism
- Identify at least one method for evaluating professionalism
- Describe potential consequences if issues of professionalism are not addressed adequately
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- The importance of teaching professionalism
- What professionalism is and how to define it within the context of health care
- Methods for addressing professionalism in the classroom and/or clinical environment
- How and when to evaluate professionalism
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Program Directors,
- Departmental Managers in any discipline
- Clinical Instructors in health care
- Faculty who evaluate students in any discipline
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Employers increasingly seek employees who exhibit high levels of professionalism and emotional intelligence. This presentation discusses how professionalism can be integrated into existing curricula, and provides strategies for teaching and evaluating professionalism skills.
Professionalism is essential to student/employee success. If professionalism skills are not taught and evaluated, then you either expect your student/employee to have them inherently, or you expect them to acquire these skills somewhere, somehow.
This seminar doesn’t leave this important issue to chance.
Professionalism can certainly be taught, but most importantly, it can also be evaluated. When done correctly and consistently, the evaluation process can be an effective tool to help employees, students, and employers identify the skills that may benefit the individual and employer. It can also be an effective tool for identifying focuses for improvement. This seminar walks you through what professionalism is and presents various methods for teaching and evaluating professionalism on campus and in the clinical environment. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18YA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart