No matter how many times we teach a course, the end of the semester always plays out in a whirlwind of activity that has teachers and students struggling to keep pace. Sound familiar?
If you would like a different ending to your courses, start at the beginning. Careful course planning minimizes stress and improves learning by reducing the chances of content crush and panic often experienced at the end of the term.
You will learn how to take a more holistic view of your courses by shifting your mindset beyond content to consider course rhythms and the natural ebbs and flows of student motivation.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a course planning framework that minimizes stress for instructors and students alike
- Identify common high and low points to create a blank calendar template
- Explore the purpose of a sample class meeting or online session
- Consider the impact of pacing: How much time is needed to learn?
- Chunk content and identify loops—where can prior content be revisited?
- Examine the big picture: flow, pace, coverage, and cushion
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Assistant professors
- Associate professors
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18SA