Course Planning by the Calendar
Careful course planning minimizes stress and improves learning by reducing the chances of content crush and panic often experienced at the end of the term. Learn how to take a more holistic view of your courses by shifting your mindset beyond content to consider course rhythms and the natural ebbs and flows of student motivation.
$39.00 – $697.00
No matter how many times we teach a course, the end of the semester always plays out in a whirlwind of activity that has teachers and students struggling to keep pace. Sound familiar?
If you would like a different ending to your courses, start at the beginning. Careful course planning minimizes stress and improves learning by reducing the chances of content crush and panic often experienced at the end of the term.
Course Planning by the Calendar, a Magna Online Seminar led by Lolita Paff, PhD, of Penn State Berks. You will learn how to take a more holistic view of your courses by shifting your mindset beyond content to consider course rhythms and the natural ebbs and flows of student motivation.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a course planning framework that minimizes stress for instructors and students alike
- Identify common high and low points to create a blank calendar template
- Explore the purpose of a sample class meeting or online session
- Consider the impact of pacing: How much time is needed to learn?
- Chunk content and identify loops—where can prior content be revisited?
- Examine the big picture: flow, pace, coverage, and cushion
This seminar will benefit:
- Assistant professors
- Associate professors
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18SA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.