Magna On-Demand Seminars
Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity
Discover concrete practices you can use right away to communicate expectations clearly for student ethical conduct, which are much more effective than spending time trying to catch cheaters after the fact.
Are you tired of being the ethics police, trying to catch cheaters and prevent dishonest conduct?
This Magna Online Seminar shows how to flip the script and design learning interactions that foster academic honesty, creating learners who are less tempted to take shortcuts in the first place.
Discover concrete practices you can use right away to communicate expectations clearly for student ethical conduct, which are much more effective than spending time trying to catch cheaters after the fact. Moving from “I caught you” to “I taught you” involves more than just sending student work to a database, but it’s worth the effort to understand originality in terms of the expectations of the various disciplines across campus.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define originality, specifically for the sciences, humanities, and social sciences
- Customize academic-integrity strategies to the discipline taught and level of rigor expected of learners
- Adopt academic-integrity strategies to create and sustain a climate of ethical behavior
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Definitions of originality
- Three key types of academic integrity strategies
- Best practices for ensuring academic integrity
- How to implement cognitive neuroscience-based academic integrity strategies
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Teaching and learning center staff
- Institutional administrators
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18XA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart