Are you tired of being the ethics police, trying to catch cheaters and prevent dishonest conduct?
This Magna Online Seminar shows how to flip the script and design learning interactions that foster academic honesty, creating learners who are less tempted to take shortcuts in the first place.
Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity, a Magna Online Seminar led by Thomas Tobin, PhD. Discover concrete practices you can use right away to communicate expectations clearly for student ethical conduct, which are much more effective than spending time trying to catch cheaters after the fact. Moving from I caught you to I taught you involves more than just sending student work to a database, but it’s worth the effort to understand originality in terms of the expectations of the various disciplines across campus.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define originality, specifically for the sciences, humanities, and social sciences
- Customize academic-integrity strategies to the discipline taught and level of rigor expected of learners
- Adopt academic-integrity strategies to create and sustain a climate of ethical behavior
- Definitions of originality
- Three key types of academic integrity strategies
- Best practices for ensuring academic integrity
- How to implement cognitive neuroscience-based academic integrity strategies
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Teaching and learning center staff
- Institutional administrators
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18XA