Magna On-Demand Seminars
Customized Course Review Rubrics: How to Take the Quality of Your Online Courses to the Next Level
Learn who to involve in the planning, how to decide on the questions included, and the steps to creating a course review rubric that makes sense for your online programs.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Use an online course review rubric to improve relationships with your faculty.
There’s no denying that online courses have become very popular in recent years, and for good reason. Colleges and universities can offer more class variety and reach more people. And students find them more convenient and flexible.
One of the primary criticisms of online courses in the past has been that they lack the quality of face-to-face learning. Whether or not that perception is accurate, using online course review rubrics has certainly made a difference. While generic, off-the-shelf rubrics, like what you get from subscription services, are fine for some, the one-size-fits-all model doesn’t work for everyone. If you want the benefits of a customized rubric, consider creating one of your own.
Register today for the Customized Course Review Rubrics: How to Take the Quality of Your Online Courses to the Next Level online seminar, presented by Brian Udermann, PhD. You’ll come away with strategies that will help you create a rubric you can use to improve the quality and consistency of your online programs.
Find out if creating your own course evaluation rubric is right for your institution. Listen as Brian Udermann, director of online education at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, explains the process that his institution went through to create its rubric. You’ll learn who was involved in the planning, how they decided on the questions to include (and why), and how long it took to come up with a rubric that made sense for their online programs. You’ll also hear about some of the issues they encountered along the way that could help make your process a whole lot easier.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Create a customized rubric that can dramatically improve the quality and consistency of your online courses
- Employ your rubric in your course reviews
- Identify and recruit the stakeholders who should be involved in the creation of your in-house rubric
- Make a big difference in the acceptance and use of your rubric by including faculty in the process
- Use your rubric to satisfy the increased focus on the quality of online programs from regional accreditation associations
- Utilize course reviews as a way improve your relationships with your online faculty
Whether you’re a program director, department chair, dean or assistant/associate dean, provost or assistant/associate provost, or faculty—anyone involved in creating, teaching, or reviewing online courses—this online seminar is just what you need.
Purchase this seminar today and learn who to involve in the rubric planning, how to decide on the questions included, and the steps to creating a course review rubric that makes sense for your online programs.
Product Code: NC16BA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart