Magna On-Demand Seminars
Designing Learning Spaces for Optimal Student Engagement
For faculty and facility planners who desire an active, engaged classroom that simulates workplace collaborative spaces, this Magna Online Seminar shows a transformed classroom, that by design, encourages collaboration, group work, and active learning, all while preparing students for their future workplace.
In this online seminar, we will discuss some of the principles that should be considered when designing learning spaces and share some examples of learning spaces designed at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore that embody these principles. Through these concrete examples, you will see how improvements can be made to not only increase collaboration and engagement in the classroom, but prepare students for similar work environments when they graduate.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the principles for designing a learning space
- Identify factors that affect student learning in a learning space
- Propose changes or improvements that can be made based on the learning space design principles
Who should attend?
- Facilities planners
- Assistant/Associate Professors
- Any staff interested in learning more about space usage for learning
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Our presenter for this seminar, Jason Lee, PhD, was a top-rated presenter at our 2019 Teaching Professor Conference. His session on this topic got rave reviews and was standing room only! The space where learning takes place is often overlooked and Jason looks at how learning spaces can be designed to help get your students workplace ready.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC20CD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart