Magna On-Demand Seminars
Engaging College Students Using Active Learning Techniques
For faculty and teachers in any modality, this free Magna Online Seminar will guide you in engaging college students at a deeper, more cognitive level while learning the barriers to learning and how to effectively overcome them.
Registration for the 1-week on-demand individual access option for this online seminar is free. No coupon code required.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define active learning
- Describe how to make different learning tasks that encourage active learning
- Choose techniques that help students overcome challenges to learning
Who should attend?
- Faculty Developers
- High School Teachers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Educators everywhere are facing the challenge of teaching students who do not engage deeply at a cognitive level. Even more challenging is being able to get students to actively engage in online courses. In this free Magna Online Seminar, you will learn how to think differently about active learning and how to encourage students to engage in it. You will also learn about different challenges to active learning and about active learning techniques that help students overcome those challenges.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Our knowledge of how students learn has grown significantly over the last few decades. In keeping with this trend, the quality and sheer amount of research on instructional strategies has also grown. Active learning has emerged as an instructional method that can improve learning outcomes for all students, including students from marginalized backgrounds and populations. Active learning is not only something that students do, but also something that teachers can promote through their selection of learning activities.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20UA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart