Fostering Resilience in Assault Survivors
Gain a better understanding of how victim trauma can inhibit the engagement of a person in any institutional process (including learning), how to better assist victims in regaining a sense of normalcy after an assault, and appropriate methods of fostering resilience in survivors of assault.
$39.00 – $697.00
The impact of trauma impedes most victims/survivors, but employees at an institution can follow several key principles that will create empowerment and lessen the helplessness that may inadvertently hinder decision-making in a timely manner.
Use of certain language (words and expressions) may either inhibit or strengthen victim/survivor interest in any process. Keeping the victim/survivor engaged in any process is enhanced by improving the approach from the time anyone becomes aware of the incident, as well as providing supportive services. The road to recovery may be a long one but helping to restore power and dignity in the aftermath of an assault is the key to fostering resilience in victims/survivors.
Fostering Resilience in Assault Survivors, a Magna Online Seminar led by Connie Kirkland, MA. You will gain a better understanding of how victim trauma can inhibit the engagement of a person in any institutional process (including learning), how to better assist victims in regaining a sense of normalcy after an assault, and appropriate methods of fostering resilience in survivors of assault.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the impact of language when speaking to a victim/survivor
- Gain a greater understanding of traumatic effects of an assault
- Gain practical skills that will enhance resiliency in victims/survivors
- Learn key methods of fostering resilience in victims/survivors
- Explore tools that will keep victims/ survivors engaged in any process following an assault
This seminar will benefit:
- Title IX coordinators
- Victim advocates
- Conduct officers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC18BJ
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.