The impact of trauma impedes most victims/survivors, but employees at an institution can follow several key principles that will create empowerment and lessen the helplessness that may inadvertently hinder decision-making in a timely manner.
Use of certain language (words and expressions) may either inhibit or strengthen victim/survivor interest in any process. Keeping the victim/survivor engaged in any process is enhanced by improving the approach from the time anyone becomes aware of the incident, as well as providing supportive services. The road to recovery may be a long one but helping to restore power and dignity in the aftermath of an assault is the key to fostering resilience in victims/survivors.
You will gain a better understanding of how victim trauma can inhibit the engagement of a person in any institutional process (including learning), how to better assist victims in regaining a sense of normalcy after an assault, and appropriate methods of fostering resilience in survivors of assault.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the impact of language when speaking to a victim/survivor
- Gain a greater understanding of traumatic effects of an assault
- Gain practical skills that will enhance resiliency in victims/survivors
- Learn key methods of fostering resilience in victims/survivors
- Explore tools that will keep victims/ survivors engaged in any process following an assault
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Title IX coordinators
- Victim advocates
- Conduct officers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18BJ