Magna On-Demand Seminars
From Research to Practice: Academic Witnessing as Resiliency Practice in Higher Education
Discover how academic witnessing transforms higher education in our Magna Online Seminar, as your presenters unveil their research on its power to empower faculty and institutions, addressing the challenges of work-life balance, inequities, and job insecurity while fostering supportive environments for growth and success.
Recent studies have identified significant stressors in higher education that are causing faculty members to leave academia, including poor work-life balance, inequities, and unsupportive working environments. These stressors, coupled with rising job insecurity, pose a long-term recruitment and retention challenge in higher education.
Fortunately, there is a practice that can provide faculty members support, trust, belonging, and help them to flourish: academic witnessing.
Join our Magna Online Seminar where your presenters discuss their research featured in the January 2024 issue of the Journal of Faculty Development. Their work explores academic witnessing within informal social structures, showcasing how it empowers both faculty and institutions to thrive.
Through grounded theory analysis of a micro-community, they unveil their key findings: the importance of safe spaces, peer modeling, inclusive practices, and creating collective opportunities. Discover how academic witnessing encapsulates these elements, offering insights into fostering supportive environments for faculty growth and institutional success.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the concept of academic witnessing in the context of faculty development
- Identify examples of academic witnessing and understand how informal micro-communities can positively benefit faculty development, build resiliency, and support wellbeing
- Apply the concept of academic witnessing to your own professional practice/micro-communities
- Ideate on new lines of research and inquiry regarding support for faculty resilience and micro-communities
Who should attend?
- Directors of Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Educational Developers
- Faculty Developers
- Administrative Leaders
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Product Code: OC24BD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart