Many instructors turn to multimedia to enhance the effectiveness of learning materials and course content.
Animations, images, illustrations, video clips, and audio clips are readily available online. However, these types of multimedia are not always well-designed for learning.
By leveraging some innovative techniques and free and inexpensive tools, instructors can modify and enhance multimedia for maximum learning impact.
You’ll learn research-based multimedia learning principles that will help you modify and optimize the effectiveness of the multimedia you use in your course content.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Determine pedagogical deficiencies in multimedia found online
- Apply multimedia learning principles to improve learning
- Choose appropriate tools to reconstruct multimedia and tailor it to your course
- Explain the educational rationale for multimedia modifications
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Multimedia learning
- Online learning
- Enhancing videos and images
- Annotating videos and images
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Technologists
- Instructional Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
By viewing this presentation, you’ll better understand the principles of multimedia, tools for modifying multimedia, and free resources available that foster deeper learning in students and save you time and energy as you create successful courses.
Instructors are always looking for new ways to increase engagement and add color and pop to their course content-this can often be accomplished by using multimedia in learning materials and course content. Though multimedia is widely available online, its often not well-suited for learning.
Register today to learn free tools and techniques for optimizing the multimedia you use in your learning materials! By leveraging the strategies detailed in this seminar, you’ll help reduce cognitive load, ensure focus, mitigate unnecessary distractions, and foster deeper learning.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18MA