Hacking Multimedia for Effective Learning
$297.00 – $497.00
No matter your familiarity with multimedia, you will leave this seminar knowing how to choose and integrate media effectively into your courses.
Many instructors turn to multimedia to enhance the effectiveness of learning materials and course content.
Animations, images, illustrations, video clips, and audio clips are readily available online. However, these types of multimedia are not always well-designed for learning.
By leveraging some innovative techniques and free and inexpensive tools, instructors can modify and enhance multimedia for maximum learning impact.
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Hacking Multimedia for Effective Learning, presented by Greg Szczyrbak, MS. You’ll learn research-based multimedia learning principles that will help you modify and optimize the effectiveness of the multimedia you use in your course content.
By viewing this presentation, you’ll better understand the principles of multimedia, tools for modifying multimedia, and free resources available that foster deeper learning in students and save you time and energy as you create successful courses.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Determine pedagogical deficiencies in multimedia found online
- Apply multimedia learning principles to improve learning
- Choose appropriate tools to reconstruct multimedia and tailor it to your course
- Explain the educational rationale for multimedia modifications
- Multimedia learning
- Online learning
- Enhancing videos and images
- Annotating videos and images
This seminar will benefit instructors, faculty, instructional technologists, and instructional designers.
Instructors are always looking for new ways to increase engagement and add color and pop to their course content-this can often be accomplished by using multimedia in learning materials and course content. Though multimedia is widely available online, its often not well-suited for learning.
Register today to learn free tools and techniques for optimizing the multimedia you use in your learning materials! By leveraging the strategies detailed in this seminar, you’ll help reduce cognitive load, ensure focus, mitigate unnecessary distractions, and foster deeper learning.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18MA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart