Magna On-Demand Seminars
Harnessing the Power of Open Pedagogy and Open Syllabi to Promote Student Success
Through the use of open pedagogy and open syllabi, instructors can empower students to play a larger role in the development and curation of learning materials for their classes. In this Magna Online Seminar, we will introduce the concepts of open pedagogy and open syllabi and discuss practical ways they have been successfully used in classroom settings with both commercial and open educational resource (OER) materials.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the relationship between open pedagogy and student learning
- Describe research that demonstrates the impact of open pedagogy on student success and retention
- Examine how open pedagogy and syllabi can be implemented into classroom environments
- Recognize how the curation of learning materials benefits the empowered learner locally and globally
Who should attend?
- Educational developers
- Instructional support
Why you don’t want to miss this!
If you are struggling with student motivation or inauthentic assignments, exploring the use of open resources can provide a solution. While using open educational resources (OER) in higher education curriculum has been shown to positively impact student learning, open pedagogy and open syllabi are additional avenues to bring the concept of “openness” to the collegiate classroom. These processes can give students a greater voice in the learning process and more ownership over their learning experiences, providing a better path to student buy-in and greater assignment value.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Open educational resources (OER) are a crucial resource, but implementation of these resources is often left to faculty members without much institutional direction. Our presenters for this online seminar, Oliver Dreon, PhD, and Nicole Pfannenstiel, both faculty members of Millersville University which has had a significant OER initiative, will guide you implementing these resources into your curriculum while introducing open pedagogy and open syllabi to increase student engagement with course content and help students recognize the value of course assignments.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20KA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart