TED Talks have come to represent the pinnacle of effective presentations.
Concise, engaging, and memorable, they are increasingly the yardstick by which speakers-including university faculty-are measured. Yet TED Talks are very different than academic lectures: they are one-time, high-profile, short presentations for an enthusiastic and voluntary audience for which the speaker receives ample practice and professional coaching. Despite these differences, there are principles we can distill from TED Talks that can make ordinary lectures and talks more effective. In this Magna online seminar, we will watch and analyze snippets from TED Talks and discuss five TED principles that will help make academic lectures more compelling while still maintaining educational integrity and substance.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Make a connection with your audience
- Establish a clear, consistent throughline
- Apply the 5 Cs of storytelling
Here’s what we’ll cover!
Five elements of TED talks applied to higher-education lectures:
- Through line
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19MA