How to Improve Academic Lectures with TED Talk Principles: Connect, Convey, Communicate
$297.00 – $497.00
For faculty who struggle with engaging content delivery, How to Improve Academic Lectures with TED Talk Principles: Connect, Convey, Communicate, is a Magna Online Seminar that gives specific, practical steps to add enthusiasm and excitement to lectures and presentations.
TED Talks have come to represent the pinnacle of effective presentations.
Concise, engaging, and memorable, they are increasingly the yardstick by which speakers-including university faculty-are measured. Yet TED Talks are very different than academic lectures: they are one-time, high-profile, short presentations for an enthusiastic and voluntary audience for which the speaker receives ample practice and professional coaching. Despite these differences, there are principles we can distill from TED Talks that can make ordinary lectures and talks more effective. In this Magna online seminar, we will watch and analyze snippets from TED Talks and discuss five TED principles that will help make academic lectures more compelling while still maintaining educational integrity and substance.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Make a connection with your audience
- Establish a clear, consistent throughline
- Apply the 5 Cs of storytelling
Here’s What We’ll Cover
Five elements of TED talks applied to higher-education lectures:
- Through line
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19MA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart