Magna On-Demand Seminars
How We Can Help Our Students Become Better Critical Thinkers, and Why It Matters
Learn several easy-to-implement strategies to teach students critical thinking skills, which will not only impact their college success, but also their future.
Critical thinking is a life skill that many students develop in college. Enhancing the critical thinking skills of our students benefits both their current college learning and their future potential for success. Unfortunately, you may feel you don’t have the extra time to help them effectively develop higher-order learning while they take your course.
What if we told you that teaching essential critical thinking skills is easier than you imagine?
This Magna Online Seminar offers you an opportunity to explore the kinds of critical thinking skills you expect your students to demonstrate and the ways in which you can more effectively teach and reinforce those skills. You will be invited to reflect on your experiences of working with students who are not yet proficient in thinking critically, as well as to imagine ways in which you could redesign your courses and assignments to promote this goal.
By the conclusion of this Magna Online Seminar, you’ll take away several easy-to-implement strategies to teach your students critical thinking skills, which will not only impact their college success, but also their future!
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a working definition of critical thinking in the context of your own teaching goals
- Explore specific strategies for introducing and reinforcing critical thinking skills in your assignments, feedback on student work, and classroom pedagogy
- Create a richer sense of how to incorporate the teaching of critical thinking into your courses without sacrificing other course content
- Learn the potential benefits of emphasizing critical thinking skills for students’ education, career goals, and personal decisions
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching in any modality
- Faculty Developers
- Instructional Designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- 12-month on-demand access
- The program can be viewed as often as needed while on-demand access is available
- Written transcript and supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product Code: PC23MA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart