The goal of formative assessment is to monitor student learning and provide feedback, so students can grow and develop.
But where should that feedback originate?
Traditional formative assessment strategies involve instructor assessment, peer feedback, or self-reflection. 360-degree assessment is an improved approach that combines all three of these assessment strategies to support a greater culture of growth and foster student ownership and critical thinking skills.
Ready to take student assessment full circle?
In this Magna Online Seminar, presented by Oliver Dreon, PhD., you’ll learn how 360-degree assessment can be used in the classroom to increase learning and promote more successful students.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Foster a culture of growth and assessment
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of different types of assessments (peer, self, and instructor)
- Identify ways to implement 360-degree assessment
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Peer assessment
- Student growth and development
- 360-degree assessment
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Assessment Coordinators
- Faculty Developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Existing pedagogical approaches to feedback often miss the mark in terms of their effectiveness in improving learning outcomes.Poor quality feedback can negatively affect learning outcomes, retention, and enrollment. 360-degree assessment offers an improved take on student assessment, allowing you to more effectively support student development and boost learning outcomes. Learn real classroom examples where 360-degree assessment was used, and methods for avoiding potential obstacles.
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, instructors and decision makers will benefit from increased student learning, enrollment, and retention. Courses and programs will improve, and institutions will be more successful. Register for this online seminar today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18CA