Incorporating graphic novels into a college course can help faculty members achieve practical learning outcomes via differentiated instruction; support diverse student populations such as students of color and LGBTQ+ students; and provide students with practical skills such as visual literacy.
This seminar will present the many benefits of using a graphic novel in the classroom, including how graphic novels and unconventional texts can foster a more engaged classroom environment. Additionally, gain insights into the variety of options that exist for faculty members in a wide variety of disciplines, such as the humanities, visual arts, social sciences, and STEM, to use graphic novels in teaching.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how graphic novels can help achieve positive learning outcomes and increase student engagement in college classrooms
- Identify ways that graphic novels can support diverse student populations through differentiated instruction
- Discuss how graphic novels can provide students with opportunities to learn practical skills such as visual literacy
- Obtain skills to explore possible options in a wide variety of courses, fields, and disciplines
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- What is a graphic novel?
- How graphic novels can increase student engagement and offer other practical benefits to students
- How differentiated instruction can achieve practical learning outcomes
- Why graphic novels can benefit diverse and/or marginalized student populations such as students of color and LGBTQ+ students
- What the value of visual literacy is to all students
- How to bring these unconventional texts into your current courses
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Faculty (esp. Humanities, Visual Arts, STEM, Social Science, and Interdisciplinary Programs)
- Curriculum and instruction supervisors and/or directors
- Instructional Designers
- Faculty Development or Instructional/Pedagogical Support Centers
- Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Department chairs
- Academic deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19NA