Magna On-Demand Seminars
Leveraging the Neuroscience of Trauma for Informed Teaching
For educators who are teaching during stressful times, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, and recognizing that both their students and they are disrupted by stress and anxiety, this special two-part Magna Online Seminar provides actionable ideas and tools for teaching with a trauma-sensitive approach.
Special Offer: Receive both parts of this online seminar for the price of one! No coupon code required. Registration includes both parts of the online seminar.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Learn the neuroscience of traumatic stress as it relates to learning
- Understand how to identify trauma in oneself and students
- Build trauma-sensitive tools to help students deal with stress and anxiety
Who should attend?
- Faculty Developers
- Secondary school educators
Why you don’t want to miss this!
In order to be able to help students, we need to first be able to recognize trauma in ourselves. In this special two-part online seminar, you will consider the neuroscience of traumatic stress and its impact on student learning. Specifically, the presenter will address the impact of the ongoing pandemic and the long-ignored calls for racial justice on our sense of self and overall well-being.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
This special two-part online seminar will enable educators to be able to recognize and navigate through trauma in themselves and their students. The presenter will address the question of “How can we teach and continue to help our students learn when they are experiencing pain and anxiety in the midst of uncertainty?”.
Additional questions that will be addressed are: “What lessons can we learn from neuroscience to help us better negotiate the pain and anxiety in ourselves and our students?” and “How can we leverage the healing power of the community to help us move forward and help ourselves and our students continue to learn and thrive?”
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20RA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart