Magna On-Demand Seminars
On-the-fly Assessment Strategies for the Active Learning Classroom
If you are hoping to assess student learning in real time in order to improve learning outcomes and student engagement, this online seminar offers more than 10 specific techniques for doing so, explained in detail, with examples of how to use each in the classroom.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the importance of “on-the-fly” formative assessments in the college classroom
- Learn a variety of classroom assessment techniques
- Include specific techniques into your teaching practice
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching in any modality
- Instructional Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Assessing learning throughout the learning experience keeps teachers and students on the same page, increases active learning, and ultimately increases student success. While these techniques can be used in any modality, educators participating in this online seminar who are new to online teaching may feel disconnected from their students and unsure of how their students are responding to learning online.
The 10+ specific techniques presented in this online seminar will help you keep student learning on track.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Including a formative assessment approach throughout a learning process creates and supports active learning. Such an “on-the-fly” assessment strategy moves us from thinking about assessment as a frozen and final snapshot of learning, toward thinking of assessment as something that we really do constantly during a learning experience.
In this online seminar, you will learn a number of classroom assessment techniques to use immediately to meet many kinds of learning goals.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20YA