Magna On-Demand Seminars
Online Learning That Sticks: Strategies to Shift to Student-Centered Learning
This Magna Online Seminar invites you to peek behind the classroom doors and LMS screen of college and university instructors who win national teaching awards to find out what they do that is so different.
You have the basics of teaching well in hand. Your students are successful. You feel comfortable with your content knowledge and teaching methods.
So why would you change anything? This Magna Online Seminar takes up three challenges, designed especially for already-excellent instructors:
- Moving away from instructor-constructed interactions
- Providing authentic experiences for learners
- Shifting assessment to the learning process rather than what students produce at the end
All of these strategies share a grounding in the neuroscience of learning, greater learner engagement, and reduced instructor workload and will help you take your teaching to the next level.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Collaborate with learners to create learning processes together
- Share authentic learning experiences that model real-world conditions for practitioners in the field represented by your courses
- Assess learning through means beyond testing and project-writing
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Threaded-pathway teaching practices
- Collaborative learning design
- Constructivist learning theory
- Authentic learning design
- Learning neuroscience
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designer
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific student learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC19AA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart