You have the basics of teaching well in hand. Your students are successful. You feel comfortable with your content knowledge and teaching methods.
So why would you change anything? This Magna Online Seminar invites you to peek behind the classroom doors and LMS screens of college and university instructors who win national teaching awards to find out what they do that is so different. We will take up three challenges, designed especially for already-excellent instructors:
- Moving away from instructor-constructed interactions
- Providing authentic experiences for learners
- Shifting assessment to the learning process rather than what students produce at the end
All of these strategies share a grounding in the neuroscience of learning, greater learner engagement, and reduced instructor workload and will help you take your teaching to the next level.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Collaborate with learners to create learning processes together
- Share authentic learning experiences that model real-world conditions for practitioners in the field represented by your courses
- Assess learning through means beyond testing and project-writing
Here’s What We’ll Cover
- Threaded-pathway teaching practices
- Collaborative learning design
- Constructivist learning theory
- Authentic learning design
- Learning neuroscience
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designer
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: QC19AA