Practical Ways to Support First-Generation College Students in the College Classroom
$297.00 – $497.00
In this seminar, you will learn about the challenges that exist for first-generation college students and the support structures that can help them succeed.
Over 40% of incoming first-year students at 4-year colleges and universities are first-generation college students.
This percentage jumps to 70% for incoming first-year students at 2-year colleges. In this seminar, you will learn about the challenges that exist for first-generation college students and the support structures that can help them succeed.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the profile of first-generation college students in the United States
- Identify the challenges the disproportionately affect first-generation college students
- Implement specific strategies to better support first-generation college students in the college classroom
- Develop the necessary skills to identify future resources to continue supporting this student demographic
Who Does This Benefit?
- Department Chairs
- Instructional designers
- Retention specialists
- Directors of Diversity and Inclusion
- First-Year Experience Coordinators
Why You Don’t Want To Miss This!
As the number of first-generation college students increases, it’s crucial that you create a more accessible and supportive classroom environment at your institution. Retention and student success for these students are key objectives for universities. You’ll get practical strategies to overcome barriers of success that are unique to this student population.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
In this seminar, you’ll learn how faculty can better support first-generation college students in the classroom. Topics of discussion include: understanding the challenges that first-generation college students disproportionately face; contextualizing practical ways to support their success in the classroom and beyond; and recognizing resources to continue improving support structures for first-generation college students.
Magna Online Seminar Pass
Interested in getting this program and every Magna Online Seminar for one year?
The Magna Online Seminar Pass gives you annual access to all of Magna’s online seminars including the live broadcast and 12-month on-demand access thereafter. Covering the topics you want from the nations top academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars help you promote continued faculty and staff development.
The Magna Online Seminar Pass costs less than the price of 6 programs. So, its like buying 6 programs and getting at least 19 free! This affordable subscription membership gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). And you’ll be pre-registered so you won’t have to sign up for each program. Start your subscription today!
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC20BA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart