Reaching Neurodiverse Students: Course Creation Strategies
$297.00 – $497.00
Discover that neurodiverse differences often are not openly declared and might be hard to recognize in individuals in a classroom of students. Explore the common barriers to learning experienced by neurodiverse students and learn strategies to build content and environments that support breaking down those barriers and improving learning for all students.
In post-high school learning environments, learners must self-identify as neurodiverse to receive services and many do not.
For this reason, teachers in higher education can be faced with a diverse set of learners without knowing what barriers they may have. A learning environment and course plan that anticipates these barriers can not only help these students but also will ultimately benefit all students.
During this seminar, participants will learn about some common learning barriers that neurodiverse students have and strategies to support these students while creating a successful learning experience for all students.
Although these strategies are focused on the neurological differences of those who may have received a label or special education services before arriving in your classroom, the supports can be used universally to help all learners enhance, deepen, and make their intake of information more efficient.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify social and emotional differences that often result in labels such as autism, emotional/behavioral disabilities, and ADHD
- Plan lessons and environments using strategies to support social communication, regulation, executive functioning, flexibility, and sensory differences
- Social and Emotional Differences
- Common barriers of neurodiverse learners
- Course creation and classroom teaching strategies to overcome barriers to learning
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Developers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for one year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19IA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart