In post-high school learning environments, learners must self-identify as neurodiverse to receive services and many do not.
For this reason, teachers in higher education can be faced with a diverse set of learners without knowing what barriers they may have. A learning environment and course plan that anticipates these barriers can not only help these students but also will ultimately benefit all students.
During this seminar, participants will learn about some common learning barriers that neurodiverse students have and strategies to support these students while creating a successful learning experience for all students.
Although these strategies are focused on the neurological differences of those who may have received a label or special education services before arriving in your classroom, the supports can be used universally to help all learners enhance, deepen, and make their intake of information more efficient.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify social and emotional differences that often result in labels such as autism, emotional/behavioral disabilities, and ADHD
- Plan lessons and environments using strategies to support social communication, regulation, executive functioning, flexibility, and sensory differences
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Social and Emotional Differences
- Common barriers of neurodiverse learners
- Course creation and classroom teaching strategies to overcome barriers to learning
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Developers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19IA