Magna On-Demand Seminars
Strategies and Tactics for Institutionalizing Open Educational Resources
Developing and implementing a strategic initiative to institutionalize the use of open educational resources (OER) does not have to be a daunting task, but can be tackled and accomplished through a series of no/low cost and easy-to-implement strategic initiatives.
As the cost of higher education continues to skyrocket, it’s becoming more and more important for institutions to find ways of making college more affordable for students.
With increasing budget restraints, this is often easier said than done. But, by institutionalizing the use of open educational resources (OER), your institution can reduce the overall cost of higher education by up to 30 percent!
Are you ready to institutionalize OER on your campus?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Strategies and Tactics for Institutionalizing Open Educational Resources, presented by Erik Christensen, PhD, who, over the span of two years, helped lead a team that championed the institutionalization of OER across his campus, resulting in saving students $425,000 in a year.
In this seminar, you’ll learn how OER can expand student access to higher education, provide significant cost savings to students, and help increase enrollment and retention. You’ll gain compelling evidence and strategies and tactics for developing a strategic initiative that embraces and encourages the adoption of OER institution-wide.
Developing and implementing a strategic initiative to institutionalize OER doesn’t have to be a daunting task-it can actually be tackled and accomplished through a series of no/low-cost and easy-to-implement measures. In this seminar, you’ll learn what you need to do to ensure a successful roll-out.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate the value that OER brings to students, faculty, and institutions
- Identify 20 strategies for institutionalizing OER
- Develop a strategy for institutionalizing OER at your institution
- Differences between OER and traditional textbooks
- Where to find OER that work for your institution
- Industry perspectives on adopting OER
- How to institutionalize OER
- Proven strategies and tactics that have worked well for other institutions
This seminar will benefit vice presidents, deans, and faculty who are interested in finding innovative ways to increase access to higher education and decrease textbook costs by institutionalizing OER.
By implementing the ideas in this seminar, college education at your institution will be in reach for many more students. The result is increased student success, higher enrollment, and improved retention rates. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access after the seminar airs on 06/21/18
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
Magna Online Seminar Pass
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC18ED
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart