Your students might not know what you think they do about technology.
And, you might not be teaching them the tech skills employers expect them to bring to the workplace. Recent studies show that Digital Natives might not have the proficiency for technology that older generations have long assumed they do, and that we’re overestimating the technical skills of the young adults we teach. To make things worse, the related skill sets that students are being taught in their courses with us are not the kinds of skills that their future employers most value.
Discover the expectations of students incoming technological competency vs. the reality of their ability to learn and use technological devices and programs. Understand employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees vs. the types of technology skills actually being taught to students in higher education.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand expectations vs. reality when it comes to the technological competency of students entering higher education
- Recognize the need for more thorough and specific digital competency education in academia
- Discuss employer expectations of students coming into the workforce and the disconnect that exists between expectations and reality as students leave higher education
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Faculty expectations of students incoming technological competency
- The reality of students ability to use technological devices and programs
- Employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees
- The technology skills taught to students in higher education
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Students Services
- Career Services
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19AA