Student Technology Skills: Expectations vs. Reality
$297.00 – $497.00
Recent studies show that Digital Natives might not have the proficiency for technology that older generations have long assumed they do, and that we’re overestimating the technical skills of the young adults we teach. To make things worse, the related skill sets that students are being taught in their courses with us are not the kinds of skills that their future employers most value.
Your students might not know what you think they do about technology.
And, you might not be teaching them the tech skills employers expect them to bring to the workplace. This online seminar seeks to reveal the truth about students digital literacy and will examine the potential disparity between campus curriculum and employers expectations. Learn strategies for (re)implementing basic, necessary digital-literacy to help meet students learning needs without straying from your scheduled curricula.
Discover the expectations of students incoming technological competency vs. the reality of their ability to learn and use technological devices and programs. Understand employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees vs. the types of technology skills actually being taught to students in higher education.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand expectations vs. reality when it comes to the technological competency of students entering higher education
- Recognize the need for more thorough and specific digital competency education in academia
- Discuss employer expectations of students coming into the workforce and the disconnect that exists between expectations and reality as students leave higher education
- Faculty expectations of students incoming technological competency
- The reality of students ability to use technological devices and programs
- Employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees
- The technology skills taught to students in higher education
This seminar will benefit:
- Students Services
- Career Services
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19AA