Magna On-Demand Seminars
Teaching Strategies and Assignments for Blended and Flipped Classrooms
If you are interested in shifting your classroom from face-to-face to a blended or flipped classroom, this online seminar provides actionable ideas, strategies, and assignments to effectively make the transition.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the approach and list advantages of flipped classrooms in a blended online environment
- Consider which teaching strategies might work in your classroom
- Feel empowered to try new techniques or improve old in-class activities using the included content plan
Who should attend?
- Faculty Developers
- Instructional Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
A blended classroom replaces between 40 and 80 percent of content—traditionally delivered in person by the instructor—with online learning activities.
A flipped classroom is a student-centered learning process where the student reviews and contextualizes introductory material out of class, and the teacher helps the student practice and integrate the content during class.
Both offer great advantages over traditional face-to-face instruction, including connecting with diverse learners, making learning more accessible and efficient to all students, offering a greater variety of learning strategies, and encouraging independence and self-efficacy. This Magna Online Seminar reviews the basics of these modes and offers strategies and assignments that can be adapted to almost any discipline.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
This online seminar is a comprehensive overview of the blended and flipped process complete with an action plan to apply to your own classroom. The presenter provides specific strategies and assignments to use in the blended or flipped classroom and also covers other areas such as the opportunities and advantages to using these modalities and potential pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20XA