Today’s professional-track students enroll in college with expectations of an easy, quick path to learning, only to find that medical and dental programs can be inflexible, challenging, and prescriptive.
These programs can prove even more difficult for students with learning challenges.
What implementable strategies can you as the instructor provide to help students fulfill their professional, educational, and personal goals as healthcare professionals?
In this Magna Online Seminar, you’ll learn how to set students up for success by employing alternative lessons, using a blended and supportive curriculum, and teaching students individually. You’ll review core competencies required by CODA/ACEN and explore strategies for assisting students with different learning challenges.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify students who require educational support and use multiple teaching methods to reach all students
- Understand the differences between students who fall under the 504 Rehabilitation Act in a college environment vs. a high school IEP (Individual Educational Plan), and the necessary documentation instructors need
- Leverage various faculty teaching methods to support students in the ever-changing healthcare environment
- Establish a blended healthcare curriculum with a learning management system that offers support to healthcare students
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Student learning challenges present in today’s diverse classroom
- Faculty teaching styles
- Core competency obligations for faculty
- Blending for acceleration of learning
- Real-life student success stories and how students with learning challenges were able to navigate the healthcare curriculum and become successful healthcare providers
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for all healthcare faculty, including those teaching in programs that deal specifically with patient-centered care, such as medical, nursing, dental, and occupational areas of healthcare.
Why you don’t want to miss this!
As more and more institutions implement fast-track and accelerated programs for quicker student success, faculty have become stressed and pushed to incorporate education methods at a very fast pace. Teaching the required curriculum to all students, including those with different learning challenges, has become an increasingly difficult task. This seminar provides strategies for teaching all core competencies and professional standards required by governing bodies, while also teaching to the core of the student, keeping in mind learning challenges.
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, you’ll be less stressed and able to devote more time to helping students master advanced skills and succeed as healthcare professionals. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18DA