Teaching to the Core: Ensuring the Success of Professional-Track Students
$297.00 – $497.00
Learn how to set students up for success by employing alternative lessons, using a blended and supportive curriculum, and teaching students individually. You’ll review core competencies required by CODA/ACEN and explore strategies for assisting students with different learning challenges.
Today’s professional-track students enroll in college with expectations of an easy, quick path to learning, only to find that medical and dental programs can be inflexible, challenging, and prescriptive.
These programs can prove even more difficult for students with learning challenges.
What implementable strategies can you as the instructor provide to help students fulfill their professional, educational, and personal goals as healthcare professionals?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Teaching to the Core: Ensuring the Success of Professional-Track Students, presented by Doreen Johnson, CDA, RDH, MA. You’ll learn how to set students up for success by employing alternative lessons, using a blended and supportive curriculum, and teaching students individually. You’ll review core competencies required by CODA/ACEN and explore strategies for assisting students with different learning challenges.
As more and more institutions implement fast-track and accelerated programs for quicker student success, faculty have become stressed and pushed to incorporate education methods at a very fast pace. Teaching the required curriculum to all students, including those with different learning challenges, has become an increasingly difficult task. This seminar provides strategies for teaching all core competencies and professional standards required by governing bodies, while also teaching to the core of the student, keeping in mind learning challenges.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify students who require educational support and use multiple teaching methods to reach all students
- Understand the differences between students who fall under the 504 Rehabilitation Act in a college environment vs. a high school IEP (Individual Educational Plan), and the necessary documentation instructors need
- Leverage various faculty teaching methods to support students in the ever-changing healthcare environment
- Establish a blended healthcare curriculum with a learning management system that offers support to healthcare students
- Student learning challenges present in today’s diverse classroom
- Faculty teaching styles
- Core competency obligations for faculty
- Blending for acceleration of learning
- Real-life student success stories and how students with learning challenges were able to navigate the healthcare curriculum and become successful healthcare providers
This seminar is designed for all healthcare faculty, including those teaching in programs that deal specifically with patient-centered care, such as medical, nursing, dental, and occupational areas of healthcare.
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, you’ll be less stressed and able to devote more time to helping students master advanced skills and succeed as healthcare professionals. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18DA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart