Magna On-Demand Seminars
The Role of Higher Education in Times of Crisis: Healing Strategies for Educators
Colleges and universities have a long-standing role in advancing civil discourse. How can we lead our communities in a meaningful and healing way when we are geographically displaced and relying on remote, online communication? For academic leaders and faculty who are challenged with effective communication during a time of social unrest, this free Magna Online Seminar provides direction for leaders to provide healing, helping, education, and engagement.
Registration for the 1-week on-demand individual access option for this online seminar is free. No coupon code required.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the psychological and social motivations driving the current social unrest
- Apply solutions to create a supportive online community
- Demonstrate effective listening and communicating among groups with diverse views
- Create an action plan for short- and long-term strategies to effect change
Who should attend?
- Academic leaders
- Higher education staff
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Global protests against racism and police brutality following the death of George Floyd come at a time when the world is already reeling from significant setbacks due to necessary changes related to stopping the spread of COVID-19. Higher education leadership has a responsibility to provide a platform for open and constructive discourse on all issues, even “difficult” topics.
While higher educator is already facing the almost insurmountable challenge of immediately ceasing in-person teaching and shifting to remote online delivery while maintaining high quality education and keeping students on track, this free online seminar provides direction for leaders to provide healing, helping, education, and engagement in these turbulent times.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Weary from an unprecedented shift in work that created stress, trauma, and anxiety, academic leaders and educators are now faced with a social climate that is difficult and requires action. To add further challenges, many are regulated to remote and online working, which often presents communication barriers. Participants of this free seminar will receive actionable advice to help create healing, positive, and healthy discourse in a time of global trauma.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC20ID
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart