When building a new faculty development program, communicating your vision and soliciting support from organizational leadership and faculty can be a struggle.
A strategic plan is a blueprint for challenging assumptions and promoting change within existing structures. It’s a tool that, when properly leveraged, can help you acquire the buy-in you need to develop new programs.
What steps can you take to produce a strategic plan that elicits support?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, The Role of the Strategic Plan in Building Faculty Development Programs, presented by Rosemary Tyrrell, EdD. You’ll learn the steps for creating an effective and dynamic strategic plan, ways of using the strategic plan to build institutional support for faculty development programs, and methods for using the strategic plan to communicate with outside stakeholders.
This lively presentation offers concrete methods for using a strategic plan to communicate your vision and gain leadership support to build a high-quality faculty development program. This will in turn improve teaching and learning outcomes, increase faculty morale, improve course evaluations, and create a successful institution.
- Understand why strategic plans fail and why they succeed
- Define the SOAR (strengths, opportunities, aspirations, results) method, why it works, and how to apply it to your program
- Involve stakeholders in the faculty development program planning and execution process
- Leverage a strategic plan to motivate and direct change
- Why strategic plans work (and why they fail)
- The SOAR method of strategic planning
- How to involve stakeholders in strategic planning
- Leveraging the strategic plan to build support for your department
This seminar will benefit administrators, directors of faculty development programs, and directors of teaching and learning centers.
By using a strong strategic plan to convey your ideas for a new faculty development program, you’ll find it much easier to communicate your vision and foster faculty and institutional buy-in. In this seminar, you’ll learn how to develop a strategic plan and use it to elicit the necessary support. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC18CD