MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
The Role of the Strategic Plan in Building Faculty Development Programs
Learn the steps for creating an effective and dynamic strategic plan, ways of using the strategic plan to build institutional support for faculty development programs, and methods for using the strategic plan to communicate with outside stakeholders.
When building a new faculty development program, communicating your vision and soliciting support from organizational leadership and faculty can be a struggle.
A strategic plan is a blueprint for challenging assumptions and promoting change within existing structures. It’s a tool that, when properly leveraged, can help you acquire the buy-in you need to develop new programs.
What steps can you take to produce a strategic plan that elicits support?
In this Magna Online Seminar, presented by Rosemary Tyrrell, EdD, you’ll learn the steps for creating an effective and dynamic strategic plan, ways of using the strategic plan to build institutional support for faculty development programs, and methods for using the strategic plan to communicate with outside stakeholders.
What are the learning goals?
- Understand why strategic plans fail and why they succeed
- Define the SOAR (strengths, opportunities, aspirations, results) method, why it works, and how to apply it to your program
- Involve stakeholders in the faculty development program planning and execution process
- Leverage a strategic plan to motivate and direct change
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Why strategic plans work (and why they fail)
- The SOAR method of strategic planning
- How to involve stakeholders in strategic planning
- Leveraging the strategic plan to build support for your department
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Directors of Faculty Development Programs
- Directors of Teaching and Learning Centers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
This presentation offers concrete methods for using a strategic plan to communicate your vision and gain leadership support to build a high-quality faculty development program. This will in turn improve teaching and learning outcomes, increase faculty morale, improve course evaluations, and create a successful institution.
By using a strong strategic plan to convey your ideas for a new faculty development program, you’ll find it much easier to communicate your vision and foster faculty and institutional buy-in. In this seminar, you’ll learn how to develop a strategic plan and use it to elicit the necessary support. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18CD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart