Magna On-Demand Seminars
Understanding Negative and Toxic Leadership and How to Overcome It
For leaders and aspiring leaders who want to grow in their position and help others do the same, this Magna Online Seminar examines the negative or toxic attributes of leadership and will help you avoid these traits through a lens of what not to do.
When discussing leadership, we often focus on the positive characteristics, behaviors, and capacities of leaders. However, as we all know, not all leaders are good or positive. Unfortunately, negative and toxic leaders exist. Learn more about toxic leadership and the impacts it has on organizations all while learning how to avoid these attributes in your own leadership practice.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define toxic leadership
- Identify behaviors and actions associated with toxic leadership
- Learn how to improve leadership practice through discussing practical approaches to prevent and mitigate toxic leadership
Who should attend?
Anyone in or aspiring to leadership positions, including:
- Department chairs
- Deans and associate deans
- Provosts and associate provosts
- Team Leads
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Our presenter for this seminar, Stephanie Hinshaw, was a top-rated presenter at our 2019 Leadership in Higher Education Conference. Her standing room only session on this topic and a direct request in the rave reviews for more on this crucial topic led to this Magna Online Seminar. Stephanie will provide a greater understanding of what toxic leadership is and how it impacts your institution. You will also garner an understanding of how you can improve your own leadership practice (as well as others) through understanding the ways to prevent negative leadership.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC20BD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart