Low student engagement, whether it be in face-to-face classes or online sections, is a lament heard from students and professors alike. Humor is an underappreciated tool and resource that can easily and effectively help boost engagement in your classroom. Teachers who can use humor well can create increased levels of student recall, use humor to help students work through a difficult section, and derive more enjoyment from their class work. Humor is a tool that can benefit both student and teacher!
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand what humor is
- Recognize why humor is important for class engagement
- Identify two strategies to implement humor in class/course activities
- Realize that humor can be engagement enhancing for the instructor
Who should attend?
- College instructors
- Teaching and Learning staff developers
- Instructional technologists
- Educational developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
This online seminar is to help instructors better understand how to use humor in the classroom and why its an underutilized teaching tool that promotes benefits that affect both the students and instructor. We’ll cover the evidence that supports the effectiveness of humor in helping to achieve many class goals, what humor is and how it works, and practical applications to help instructors to begin using humor in low-risk ways that can then spring-board them into using more humor once they build confidence.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20FA