What are Microaggressions and What Can I Do About Them?
This seminar offers an understanding of microaggressions in the classroom, strategies to take when they occur, and suggestions on how to create a classroom climate that limits them.
$39.00 – $697.00
In any classroom environment, the unfortunate occurrence of microaggressions—subtle or indirect discrimination or bullying—is always possible.
Whether an observer, the target, or unintended perpetrator of microaggressions, you may not know how to recognize them or how to respond to them as they happen.
As student populations grow more and more diverse, it’s becoming increasingly important for instructors to take extra strides to ensure a safe space for all students—part of that includes mitigating the possibility of microaggressions.
Order What are Microaggressions and What Can I Do About Them?, presented by Tasha Souza, PhD, and you’ll gain an understanding of what microaggressions look like in the classroom, actions to take when they occur, and how to cultivate a classroom environment that limits them.
By knowing what microaggressions are, the impact they have on students and learning, and how to respond to them, faculty will become more effective teachers, and students will be in a better position to learn and grow in the classroom.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe microaggressions and their impact
- Consider ways to create a class climate that limits microaggressions
- Apply strategies in response to microaggressions
Microaggressions in the classroom:
- Definition of microaggressions
- Implicit bias
- Examples of microaggressions
- The impact of microaggressions
- Strategies for responding to microaggressions
This seminar will benefit faculty and instructors.
Learning the skills to limit and effectively respond to microaggressions in the classroom will contribute to developing a welcoming climate both in the classroom and on campus, making the institution a place where diverse populations feel safe and are given access to the same high-quality education.
Order this topical seminar to gain an overview of what microaggressions are, how to spot and respond to them when they happen, and methods for creating a classroom environment where the occurrence of microaggressions is limited.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18JA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.