Magna On-Demand Seminars
What are Microaggressions and What Can I Do About Them?
This Magna Online Seminar offers an understanding of microaggressions in the classroom, strategies to take when they occur, and suggestions on how to create a classroom climate that limits them.
In any classroom environment, the unfortunate occurrence of microaggressions—subtle or indirect discrimination or bullying—is always possible.
Whether an observer, the target, or unintended perpetrator of microaggressions, you may not know how to recognize them or how to respond to them as they happen.
As student populations grow more and more diverse, it’s becoming increasingly important for instructors to take extra strides to ensure a safe space for all students—part of that includes mitigating the possibility of microaggressions.
This Magna Online Seminar provides an understanding of what microaggressions look like in the classroom, actions to take when they occur, and how to cultivate a classroom environment that limits them.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe microaggressions and their impact
- Consider ways to create a class climate that limits microaggressions
- Apply strategies in response to microaggressions
Here’s what we’ll cover!
Microaggressions in the classroom:
- Definition of microaggressions
- Implicit bias
- Examples of microaggressions
- The impact of microaggressions
- Strategies for responding to microaggressions
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit faculty and instructors.
Why you don’t want to miss this!
By knowing what microaggressions are, the impact they have on students and learning, and how to respond to them, faculty will become more effective teachers, and students will be in a better position to learn and grow in the classroom.
Learning the skills to limit and effectively respond to microaggressions in the classroom will contribute to developing a welcoming climate both in the classroom and on campus, making the institution a place where diverse populations feel safe and are given access to the same high-quality education.
Order this topical seminar to gain an overview of what microaggressions are, how to spot and respond to them when they happen, and methods for creating a classroom environment where the occurrence of microaggressions is limited.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18JA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart