From Research to Practice: Re-Energized–Focusing on Engagement to Promote Faculty Wellbeing
This live Magna Online Seminar is presented by the creators of the Engagement Support Framework, a research-based framework for engaging faculty dealing with burnout which will guide you in not only better facilitating your faculty’s ability to achieve student success, but also in shifting your organizational culture from glorifying burnout to celebrating wellbeing.
DATE: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
TIME: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Central
Burnout and wellbeing feel personal, but they are organizational. The wellbeing of an institution’s faculty members is fundamental for them to thrive and better serve their community.
In this live Magna Online Seminar, your presenters elaborate on their research recently published in The Journal of Faculty Development. Rather than focusing on mitigating burnout, they have created an Engagement Support Framework for engaging faculty to promote wellbeing. This research-based framework keys in on six potential domains of your faculty’s job – workload, values, control, reward, community, and fairness – and connects each to crucial areas of faculty engagement:
Your presenters and creators of the Engagement Support Framework will also explore the potential re-energizing and healing benefits to educational developers for engaging in this type of holistic work.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Implement concrete ideas on how to launch the Engagement Support Framework
- Contribute to shifting organizational culture away from burnout to celebrating wellbeing
- Contend with your own experiences of burnout in your position
Who should attend?
- Directors of Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Faculty or Educational Developers
- Administrative Leaders
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Live access to the seminar on February 14, 2023
- 12-month on-demand access after the live seminar has ended
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Product Code: OC23AD
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart