How You Can Use AI to Maximize Time Management
Join our live Magna Online Seminar led by Michael G. Strawser, PhD, to discover how Artificial Intelligence can be a cost-effective resource, easing faculty workloads, combating burnout, and enhancing productivity, ultimately ensuring a better educational experience for both educators and students in today’s challenging academic landscape.
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2024
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM Central
In a disconcerting trend, a recent report reveals that faculty members have seen a staggering 15% increase in their duties between the spring and fall of 2023. This surge in responsibilities poses a significant threat to faculty wellbeing, paving the way for more burnout, disengagement, and a rise in turnover in the coming years. Faculty members aren’t the only ones affected either, as this has serious implications for student success as well.
Compounding the issue is the reality that faculty members often lack the additional resources necessary to cope with this escalating workload, a challenge heightened by the current climate of declining funding. Fortunately, there’s an emerging practical solution – Artificial Intelligence (AI) offers a cost-effective way to ease the workload burden on faculty and increases productivity.
Join us for this live Magna Online Seminar, led by Michael G. Strawser, PhD, Assistant Professor of Communication at the University of Central Florida and principal of Legacy Communication Training and Consulting, LLC, designed to provide practical assistance with:
- An overview of how AI is currently being utilized in higher education
- A self-assessment tool to identify specific AI needs tailored to individual situations
- Insights and recommendations on a mix of free and paid AI tools that can enhance efficiency and effectiveness in teaching, research, and service.
This is a valuable opportunity for faculty members to regain control over their time and workload. Attendees will gain access to a treasure trove of cost-effective resources, enabling them to navigate the challenges of modern academia while ensuring an unwavering commitment to delivering the best possible education to their students.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the application and impact of AI in academic settings
- Identify your own AI needs
- Craft a plan of use that can be helpful and not overwhelming
- Implement techniques that will help you use AI to maximize time and efficiency
- Acquire skills to implement and customize AI tools for enhanced productivity
- Anticipate and prepare for future trends in higher education
Who should attend?
- Administrative Staff
- Faculty Developers
- Deans and Associate Deans
- Faculty Developers
- Department Heads and Chairs
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Access to the live online seminar on April 3, 2024
- 12-month on-demand access after the live online seminar takes place
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Product Code: PC24BA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart