Magna On-Demand Seminars
Increasing Student Engagement, Persistence, and Success Online Using Emotion Science
Emotions are strongly linked to how we pay attention, focus, engage, remember, and learn. This online seminar will present practical strategies for putting the power of emotions to work in online classes to help capture and hold students’ attention, better engage students in their learning, and ultimately help them persist and succeed.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the main principles of emotion science
- Identify ways in which emotions can positively impact student engagement and learning
- Describe findings from the research on neuroscience and the Community of Inquiry framework
- Apply practical strategies based in emotion science to increase online student engagement, persistence, and success
Who should attend?
- Faculty and Educational Developers
- Instructional designers
- Online program administrators, including department chairs and deans
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Unfortunately, online classes have a reputation for being dry, boring, and unengaging. Both faculty and students struggle to create and participate in highly interactive online learning experiences, which in turn negatively impacts engagement and motivation to persevere for all involved. Emotion science offers a powerful tool to address this challenge.
This online seminar will examine the research on how emotion and cognition are linked and how emotions impact our online teaching and learning experiences, based on the Community of Inquiry framework. You’ll also explore ways in which emotions are powerfully interrelated to cognitive processes such as attention, motivation, and memory. These insights, along with the strategies involved, will better allow you to increase online student engagement, learning, persistence, and success in your classroom.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
This online seminar provides a solution for common online teaching issues, such as dissatisfaction and lack of motivation and engagement, through the effective implementation of emotion science. You’ll learn how to put emotions to work to improve your teaching and your students’ learning experience in online classes. Topics covered include: Recent neuroscience findings on emotion and cognition, how emotions help people focus and learn, and emotional presence as part of the Community of Inquiry framework.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC20AA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart