How Can I Become a Better Online Instructor?
$99.00 – $199.00
Many who teach online find it less satisfying than teaching in person. This may be due to the lack of in-person interactions or not physically being there for the aha moments your students create.
Many who teach online find it less satisfying than teaching in person. This may be due to the lack of in-person interactions or not physically being there for the aha moments your students create. This program will present five practical strategies to level up online teaching so that instructors experience greater satisfaction in their work and create more rewarding learning experiences for their students. Find that infectious energy in your teaching that makes students want to come to class!
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Identify the unique challenges of online teaching and learning
- Apply practical strategies to improve online teaching and better find your energy
- Discuss specific approaches teachers can take to create a more successful online learning environment
- Why might online teaching be less satisfying than teaching in person?
- Why is it important to get better at teaching online?
- Five best practices drawn from in-person teaching experience that can reinvigorate online teaching:
- Make your class an inviting place to be
- Show up to class
- Be yourself
- Put yourself in your students shoes
- Make your expectations crystal clear
- Why continue to strive for excellence in our online teaching?
This program will benefit:
- Faculty who are teaching online
- Instructional designers
- Educational developers
Product Code: PM19YA