How Can I Ensure Academic Honesty in My Online Assessments?
$99.00 – $199.00
This program offers a realistic and practical alternative to the ever-escalating cheating wars that consume so much college and university resources in prosecuting dishonest academic conduct. Implementing the strategies in this presentation can greatly reduce the hassle for instructors and student-support staff of having to go through the paperwork, process, and frustration of responding to academic dishonesty.
Academic integrity is not about catching cheaters, no matter how much faculty may have heard this message. Its about setting clear expectations and reducing the temptation to cheat in the first place. Tobin shares academic-integrity strategies that faculty can apply to tests, quizzes, and assignments in as little as 20 minutes, and assists faculty in determining where to focus efforts and where to safely stop paying attention to dishonest practices (and feel okay about it, too). Learn how to turn down the student impulse to act dishonestly through the implementation of some simple but powerful practices based in psychology and neuroscience.
Purchase the How Can I Ensure Academic Honesty in My Online Assessments? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Thomas Tobin, PhD. In this 20-minute session, youll learn the skills to design learning interactions that elicit authentic learning responses from students while maintaining academic rigor and high.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Design tests and quizzes to elicit honest responses from students
- Create assignments that minimize the temptation for learners to act dishonestly
- Apply principles of positive psychology and neuroscience to create a climate of academic honesty for individual assessments
- Why students cheat
- Offering students practice to eliminate situation-pressures to cheat
- Using models to outline expectations
- Offering students clear expectations
- Designing assessments for academic honesty
- Positive psychology strategies that encourage honesty
- Neuroscience and academic honesty
This program will benefit:
- Associate Professors
- Assistant Professors
- Assistant Professors
- Adjunct Professors
- Teaching Professors
- Transfer Professors
Product Code: PM19AA