How Do I Set Students up for Success in Online Courses?
Beginnings matter, whether you’re teaching students face-to-face or online. Find out how you can make the most of online course introductions. In this fast and focused session, you’ll discover how you can transform course introductions from ho-hum exercises in housekeeping into time-saving, inspirational new beginnings.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
How Do I Set Students up for Success in Online Courses?
Beginnings matter, whether you’re teaching students teaching online or face-to-face.
Find out how you can make the most of online course introductions in How Do I Set Students up for Success in Online Courses?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor.
In just 20 minutes, you’ll learn how to create what the program presenter calls a Start Here area, an organizing principle that she uses to promote online student success.
A Start Here area is more than a helpful method for organizing online courses.
It’s a way to share your passion for your course right off the bat and start engaging students in multiple ways.
This Magna 20-Minute Mentor addresses one of the most important questions educators ask themselves: How do I get my students to take responsibility for their success? You’ll see how you can use online technology to make sure students are actively engaged in your course and get their buy-in to course expectations and policies. The presenter will show you how establishing these agreements at the start saves you time as the course progresses.
To help you put your learning into practice, course handouts include links to successful examples of Start Here areas. These will prove invaluable when you revise your course introductions to support online student success.
This seminar will give you the tools you need when you’re introducing online courses, particularly if you’re new to organizing online courses.
After participating in this seminar, you’ll:
- Understand the elements necessary to establish a Start Here area to support online student success
- Appreciate how establishing rapport and providing student resources when introducing online courses can save time later in the course
- Learn how to make students feel responsible for their own success
In this fast and focused session, you’ll discover how you can transform course introductions from ho-hum exercises in housekeeping into time-saving, inspirational new beginnings.
You’ll learn the six elements you need to incorporate online student engagement to make your own Start Here area:
- Instructor Introductions
- Course Expectations
- Main Assignment Tutorials
- Technology Tutorials
- Student Engagement Area
- Syllabus Quiz
Starting off on the right foot matters everywhere, especially in cyberspace. To compensate for the lack of face-to-face contact, faculty need to make a special effort to connect with students when introducing online courses.
Discover how you can use course organization, appearance, structure, and online resources to create first impressions that set the stage for positive learning experiences and online student success.
You know that excellence in education is all about mastering the details, and How Do I Set Students up for Success in Online Courses? is full of the specifics you need to transform your teaching.
You’ll learn how to enhance course introductions by:
- Using adaptive release to make sure students truly understand course policies
- Employing diverse technologies to build connection with your students
- Selecting appropriate communication channels to support online student success
This mentor is chock-full of tips on just the sorts of questions you face when teaching and organizing online courses.
Magna 20-Minute Mentors were developed with people like you in mind. Each session is full of facts and strategies, and with a running time of just 20 minutes, it is certain to fit any schedule.
With its practical, brass tacks approach, How Do I Set Students up for Success in Online Courses? is perfect for instructors who are new to organizing online courses, regardless of the discipline they teach or the type of institution offering the course.
Course designers will find this online course design seminar helpful, thanks to its wide-ranging approach to creating a positive impression in online courses.
If you’re interested in supporting online student success and improving your course introductions, this seminar is for you.
Beginnings matter, whether you’re teaching students face-to-face or online. In this fast and focused session, you’ll discover how you can transform course introductions from ho-hum exercises in housekeeping into time-saving, inspirational new beginnings. Place your order now.
Product Code: PM18KA
Meet Your Presenter
Group Subscription Options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart