What Do Students Expect from Online Courses?
Asking the right questions can be just as important as getting the right answers. This is particularly important when it comes to designing for the online student. Learn how you can create a better online course experience. This pointed and practical session will show you how to meet online students desires without sacrificing your standards.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What Do Students Expect from Online Courses?
As an educator, you know asking the right questions can be just as important as getting the right answers.
This is particularly important when it comes to designing for the online student.
Find out how you can create a better online course experience with What Do Students Expect from Online Courses?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor.
This pointed and practical session will show you how to meet online students desires without sacrificing your standards.
You’ll see that developing a course with the online student profile in mind can enhance student engagement and promote development of self-motivated learning.
The program presenter draws on her extensive experience in online course design to show you that providing what online students want isn’t all about an easy A.
Gathering student feedback through multiple channels is key. So is putting that information to work in your course in a meaningful way, and the presenter shows you how to do both.
You’ll learn the six key themes the presenter has identified in her research and how you can incorporate the following when you’re designing for the online student:
Effective designing for the online student requires faculty to recalibrate their approach in light of the online student profile. After participating in this seminar, you’ll:
- Understand student perspectives on online education and how their feedback can help you create a better class experience
- Learn how to transform student feedback into actionable items
- Know how to reach online students through effective communication practices
Like all Magna 20-Minute Mentors, What Do Students Expect from Online Courses? is designed to provide you with grab-and-go information.
The presenter shares the practical implications of her research, reviewing action items for each of the six themes shes identified. You’ll learn:
- Communication tips to reach students with different learning styles
- Online students desires for course updates
- Scheduling guidelines to help you support needs identified in the online student profile
- The optimal number of clicks to action to help you organize course materials
- What online students want to learn about you
- The five different connections to keep in mind when designing for the online student
- Strategies for increasing student involvement
In addition to what you’ll learn in the session, the handouts provided by the program mentor for seminar attendees are a treasure trove of information, consisting of tips, tricks, lists, and links to communication technology as well as hours of student feedback.
You’ll have direct access to rich sources of information to guide your ongoing development as an online instructor.
What Do Students Expect from Online Courses? will speak to you, no matter what discipline you teach or whether you work for a public or private institution.
That’s because all educators face the challenge of encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning. It’s especially important for online instructors to find ways to connect with and serve online students.
If you’re new to the process of designing for the online student, this seminar will give you the tools you need to address online students desires while pursuing your own pedagogical goals.
Even if you’re experienced with the online teaching environment, this seminar will deliver new insights into what online students want and how you can incorporate this feedback into your teaching.
The online environment presents unique challenges and opportunities for instructors and students alike when it comes to online student engagement.
Find out how you can make it a rewarding experience for everyone. Make a commitment to your online students-order now.
Product Code: PM18LA
Meet Your Presenter
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart