Motivating and Engaging Generation Z Learners
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
Generation Z (born from 1995-2010) is now in college and they’ve brought a unique set of values and interests with them. If you’re challenged by—or even just curious about—understanding the drive and motivation of the young students in your classes, this online seminar will provide research-based context, understanding, and practical tactics that can be implemented in any classroom.
Editorial Note: Many of our customers have asked how they can adjust to best support, develop, and educate this cohort of students. This Magna Online Seminar will be held in a Q&A/interview format with two of the top Generation Z experts in the country. Expect a frank discussion on the characteristics, concerns, values, preferences, and sources of motivation of Generation Z college students and what changes in teaching style will be needed to motivate, engage, and connect with this new breed of student.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- A stronger understanding of who Generation Z is
- Important contexts that shape this generation
- Insights on how to motivate, engage, and connect with the students and learners that inhabit the environments in which you teach and lead
Here's What We'll Cover
- Characteristics, concerns, preferences, of Generation Z students
- Values and sources of motivation of Generation Z students and how those influence their learning
- Practical tactics that can be implemented in any classroom
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructors and teachers
- Student affairs professionals
- Department chairs
- Academic deans
- Learning coaches and tutors
- Centers for teaching and learning
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 02/12/19
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19DA