Naturally, adults and children learn in different ways.
However, this truism does not necessarily translate when learners transition from secondary to post-secondary educational settings. It’s even more elusive in online learning environments as students are not immediately visible to their instructors. This seminar will first challenge you to see your students by understanding that the learning style and needs of historically traditional online students is different than what the current student population desires. Additionally, you will gain strategies to apply adult learner principles in online courses to enable high expectations and promote student success across diverse adult learners.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the obstacles of higher-level learning
- Analyze adult learning characteristics that inform equitable teaching strategies
- Apply best practices in adult learning
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Defining learning and the barriers of learning
- Adult learner principles
- Andragogic course analysis through an equity lens
- Transparency in Learning and Teaching (TILT) strategies
- Collective teacher efficacy (CTE)
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Program directors
- Program or discipline chairs
- Instructional deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19VA