In large session classes, assessing for mastery learning can often be more challenging than in smaller classes due to the teacher/student ratio. This online seminar will review the benefits and challenges of assessing for mastery learning and provide practical ways for teachers to implement mastery learning assessments in large session classes where teacher to student ratios have, in the past, rendered such approaches unrealistic.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define mastery learning
- Create clear mastery-based learning outcomes
- Establish thresholds for desired mastery
- Design assessments that target competency vs. factual knowledge
- Analyze potential ways to implement mastery-based assessments in a typical large class
Who Should Attend?
- Professors and instructors
- Department chairs
- Curriculum developers
- Educational developers
- Instructional designers
Why You Don’t Want To Miss This!
Mastery learning (sometimes also known as competency-based education) is a curricular approach that focuses on students mastering concepts at their own pace, before they move on to new concepts. While mastery learning is not a new idea, implementing mastery learning in large classes through creative assessment and technological assistance is new.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20CA