Magna On-Demand Seminars
Assessment Strategies for Mastery Learning in Large Session Classes
For educators teaching large-session classes who are interested in implementing mastery learning but feel restricted by the instructor/student ratio, this online seminar offers strategies to implement mastery learning assessments in large enrollment classes.
In large session classes, assessing for mastery learning can often be more challenging than in smaller classes due to the teacher/student ratio. This online seminar will review the benefits and challenges of assessing for mastery learning and provide practical ways for teachers to implement mastery learning assessments in large session classes where teacher to student ratios have, in the past, rendered such approaches unrealistic.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define mastery learning
- Create clear mastery-based learning outcomes
- Establish thresholds for desired mastery
- Design assessments that target competency vs. factual knowledge
- Analyze potential ways to implement mastery-based assessments in a typical large class
Who Should Attend?
- Professors and instructors
- Department chairs
- Curriculum developers
- Educational developers
- Instructional designers
Why You Don’t Want To Miss This!
Mastery learning (sometimes also known as competency-based education) is a curricular approach that focuses on students mastering concepts at their own pace, before they move on to new concepts. While mastery learning is not a new idea, implementing mastery learning in large classes through creative assessment and technological assistance is new.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20CA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart